Ugandan government launches a national sustainability plan for neglected tropical diseases
Uganda is one of the first endemic countries to release a comprehensive NTD sustainability plan. Act to End NTDS EAST
- Highlights priority areas that require urgent attention by government and NTD program stakeholders to ensure sustainability of program interventions;
- Provides guidance for dynamic multi-sectoral collaboration and coordination;
- Outlines steps for integrating NTD services within the broader health care delivery system and as a priority area for higher-level government planning and budgeting considerations;
- Addresses prioritized gaps with targeted multi-year strategies and activities;
- Commits to strengthening advocacy to stimulate action towards increasing domestic funding for NTDs from 12% to 30% by 2025; and
- Identifies indicators and milestones for monitoring progress.