How to Protect Refugees in a Pandemic / Comment protéger les réfugiés lors d’une pandémie

May 29, 2020

Despite Uganda's large population of displaced people from neighboring wars, no confirmed cases of COVID-19 have occurred within refugee settlements. Uganda’s success begins with favorable legal and policy frameworks which guarantee essential rights to refugees, including the rights to move freely, work and start a business, own property, and access public services like education and health care.In Uganda, refugees have been integrated into the country’s development agenda at all levels. About 92% of Uganda’s refugees live in settlements alongside native Ugandans, while the remaining 8% live in urban centers. Project Syndicate

The news article is available in English, French, Portuguese and Arabic


Other news

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. What are cookies?